How to Apply for Financial Aid & Scholarships
How to Apply for Financial Aid :
- A complete Financial Aid Application form: (See Application Instructions below)
- A copy of parent(s) 2018 signed Federal Income Tax Return form with documentation on all 2018 income (i.e. W-2, 1099, interest statements). If you are not required to file a 2018 tax return, please submit a statement explaining why and alternate documentation of income.
- A personal statement by the student applicant in response to the following prompt: Describe your short- and long-term goals. How does GBSP fit into these goals? What do you hope to learn from GBSP?
- A parent statement describing any special financial circumstances, and why you feel Financial Aid should be awarded to your child.
- A teacher recommendation. The applicant may either submit the recommendation along with their supporting materials, or GBSP will seek this recommendation on your behalf using the information provided in the Financial Aid Application form.
Financial Aid Application Instructions:
- New to Great Books? Create a Great Books Summer Program account here. Returning for another year, log in.
- Fill in your basic information (student contact information, parent contact information, home address).
- In the Additional Information section, under the “How did you hear about us?” drop-down menu, select the entry that best describes how you learned about GBSP.
- In the box next to “Who did you hear about us from?” please type “Financial Aid Applicant.”
- On the second page, choose the session that works with your schedule. Note: this action does not sign you up for the program.
- Please quit the application here. The information you have inputted so far will be saved.
- At this point, you will be taken to the “checkout” page of the website where fees like “registration” and the full tuition will be shown.
- Within two business days, you will receive an email to the email address you entered in the Parent Information section notifying you that your account has been set up. You may now continue completing your Financial Aid Application form.
- Log into your account using the parent email address and the system generated password.
- Click on the “Forms” tab in your user profile to access the Financial Aid Application form.
- Upload your 1) 2018 tax return, 2) Financial Aid Student Essay, 3) Financial Aid Parent Statement, and any additional Scholarship application materials.
- Finally, submit your Teacher Recommendation. To send the recommendation form to your recommendor (a teacher or school counselor) click this link.
For questions about financial aid or scholarships, please contact our Admissions Office 203-612-9470 ext. 43 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.